Merchant numbers beginning with 000017... 12-digit MIDs. If you have eight numbers starting with 17xxxxxxx, put 000017xxxxxx and that will work.
Emergency Pack: How to Properly use a Manual Imprinter w/ Voice Approval
Phone/Internet/Power OUT procedures:
- Imprint the customer’s card with the imprinter slips and plate provided in the emergency kit. Writing the customer’s card number will assure loss of a chargeback. One must imprint the card to prove you had possession. Use of a manual imprinter makes this a much easier process.
- Call Voice Authorization # 800-635-5311 or use the # on the sticker on the side of the terminal.
- Enter MID from the sticker on the side of the terminal or merchant statement and follow the prompts.
- Write auth. code on the imprinter slip and have the customer sign it. Please make sure to write down the CVV2 code, numbers of the billing address and zip code for the card holder on the imprinter slip. You will need this information when running a forced transaction.
- Provide the customer the bottom copy for their receipt.
- When power/phone service returns, run a forced sale for all the transactions with voice approvals, using the approval received from the voice approval and batch the terminal. The transactions are cleared electronically and you will get paid. If the transactions approved via the voice approval are never entered into the credit card machine or gateway, the money will remain unfunded. In order for funding, the transactions must be entered into the credit card terminal or gateway. You will need to enter the transaction via a Force or Force sale.
You can download the attached document for future use.
Any questions, please contact our support team at 877.651.1655.